About the Department
The KALLAM HARANADHAREDDY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY was one of the few engineering colleges of Andhra Pradesh to introduce the undergraduate program in Electronics and Communication engineering. The department came into existence in 2010 with the introduction of B.Tech(ECE) course. The Department of ECE started with 60 seats in B.Tech in 2010 , later intake increased from 60 to 120 from the academic year 2011-12 and 120 to 180 from the academic year 2013-14
The 36 - member full time teaching faculty lead by Prof.Sakhamuri Suryanarayana,, HOD, ECE constantly strives to improve the intellectual atmosphere of the department through close interaction among them and with the students. Experts from renowned institutions and the industry are frequently visiting the department contributing to the enhancement of quality in all the academic activities. Together, the staff and students are a cheerful and lively group with the sole objective of continuous learning.
To impart quality technical education to the learners in inculcating the professional skills and knowledge embedded with socio-ethical values in the field of electronics and communication engineering to develop solutions for global challenges.
- To provide quality instruction with eligible and committed faculty and well equipped laboratories to meet global standards in the field of electronics and communication engineering
- To achieve an academic excellence through innovative teaching and learning methodologies
- To prepare the aspirants to accomplish professional practice, employability, entrepreneurial development and higher education.
- To inculcate self-discipline, accountability and values among the learners which culminate in responsible citizenship.
- To prepare a cadre of Electronics and Communication Engineers to cater to the needs of the global power techno-economic corridor